Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rainy Day Warpaint

Well the cold has finally kicked in!

This morning on the patio I could see my breath and it hasn't stopped drizzling since 7pm last night,
which is just fine with me because I love this sort of weather.

It makes me want to go to the bookstore and sip coffees all day, and stirs up that annual longing for a fireplace.

Now that the chill is really in the air, my skin needs some serious moisture (oh Utah, you and your damn dry air).  So I'm using creams on my face, as well as regular thin lotions, and a BB cream instead of concealer and powder,
and sticking to only cheek tints--see ya next spring, powder blush!
I'm also doing more moisturizing glosses and tinted balms instead of lip sticks or lip stains.
Let the winter transition begin...




Products used:

L'Oreal Magic Lumi on undereyes
Garnier BB cream all over face
Sonia Kashuk Cheek Tint in Poppy
Hard Candy Lash Ink*
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in Black (the kind that comes in the little black pot)
L'Oreal Le Gloss in Watermelon Crush


* This Hard Candy Mascara is supposed to be a "4 day lash tint" but it doesn't work that way for me really.  It isn't particularly waterproof and washes off with the rest of the warpaint at the end of the day, just leaving a hint of darkness on my lashes.
So I don't use it for a tint, like "oh, I'm going camping for the weekend, I'd better use this so I don't have to worry about mascara" but I do enjoy it as a special mascara on a daily basis because it has a unique texture, wand, and is very VERY dark (these photos don't do it justice).  It just makes my eyes pop more than regular mascara because it is truly like an ink.



No comments:

Post a Comment