Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Damn the nail cracks, full speed ahead!

My nails are crap.
I think my multiple health problems are a big factor in this, but that doesn't make me feel any better, or make them grow any faster.
I've taken my vitamins like a good girl. I've even taken extra vitamin A & D, zinc and horsetail supplement, and silica, and Phyto's pricey hair, skin, and nails supplement.
I've used Solar Oil and that Sally Hansen Vitamin E stuff, and all sorts of other potions.

And yet, I still have these flimsy nails that bend back and forth like a see-saw and get awful splits at the tips, even when wearing nail polish and top coat! One section of my nail just peels away, abandons ship, and I have to file the whole thing down.

It is definitely a First World Problem, but come on, I'm writing about beauty products here, not cancer prevention or victims of genocide.
I have other venues for writing about the serious stuff.

This is frustrating! Especially for someone that loves to wear nail color, instead of protective things that give me nails a strange beige matte tint that makes me look like a chronic smoker.
I've tried too many of these protective coats to list, trust me.

I just want to talk about one I've found that seems to be working (I will post later results as I see fit!):
Nail Envy by O.P.I.


I saw this listed as a "Must Have Product" on several U.K. beauty blogs I follow, and thought "hmm, this must be some incredible stuff!" but worried I wouldn't be able to find it here in Utah.
I was surprised to realize it was an entire line, and I debated between the "Soft and Thin" or "Sensitive and Peeling" versions, and decided on the former because it had better reviews online.
But I snatched it up at Ulta! And it was the last one!
I'm one of those people that thinks if a product is nearly vanished off the shelves, it is that popular for a reason.  So I took this to be a good omen, and in my 11 days of using this product, I'm happy with it!

My nails are starting to grow--some faster than others--but more importantly, they're not snapping off!


THE PROS:

-Fast drying
-Nice big bottle!
-Lasts (don't need to put it on every day)
-Look flattering on bare nails; just a clear shine
-You can use it UNDER nail polish to give your digits extra support whilst still enjoying some color, AND it can be used as a TOP coat as well
-Hard as steel nails

THE CONS:
-If you don't paint on an even coat, it's not gonna work too well. But that can be expected.
Mostly this stuff is badass and I couldn't think of anything negative about it, so I had to come up with that.
-The price



So, if like me, you've exhausted your other possibilities, or just are able to shell out the considerable money for this (It was like $17 at Ulta, you can get it elsewhere and online cheaper), check this baby out! I'm impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment