Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Preppy Princess

What does a princess smell like?
According to Vera Wang, apples, flowers, and vanilla.

I wore the scent "Princess" all through college and adored it.
It comes in a cute glass heart with a removable crown ring on top (which is totally impractical to wear, but fun notion). It is sweet and fresh and light and long-lasting.  


I haven't worn it for the last year,
I've been wearing Acqua di Gia and loving it's fresh, almost rainy smell.


But the new versions of Princess caught my eye the other day, so I gave them a whiff.
I realize they aren't that new, they came out about 2 years ago, but considering I just wore Princess and never experienced the other versions, they're new to me!


I did not enjoy Rock Princess.
I didn't fancy the smell or the packaging.




But Preppy Princess,
which is a bit more woodsy and refined, I loved.
The packaging was a bit...much.
But whatever.  I can deal.
The fragrance has tangerine, red apple and berries, honeysuckle and jasmine, woods, and coconut water.
It is very nice and quite unique.  And, surprisingly, I found myself loving my sample of it even more than my beloved Princess.

Preppy Princess is relaxing, inoffensive, sophisticated, yet playful.


I just wish the bottle didn't look like a child's jumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment