Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lychee on top!!

I am enjoying CoverGirl's wet slicks lipgloss in lychee splash!

It is a nice winter gloss--sheer but with a sweet pop of color, and moisturizing without being sticky (which is a necessity, what with these winter winds blowing, and me not enjoying the tips of scarves getting stuck to my gluey lips)!

It comes in multiple colors/flavors, and I like the pinks and reds best.
Today I am wearing the lychee, which is a soft pink with an opalescent sheen (but not too much of a sheen--like those tacky, sparkly ones that make you look like a victim of 1997).

I picked mine up at the market for $4.

It is spot-on for the workplace, and I keep one of these in my pocket at all times, as I can slip some on during a meeting without a mirror and not feel like a jackass.








A light coat of Lychee Splash.















A heavier-handed application of Lychee...|







Lychee worn over L'Oreal's Color Riche Balm in "Merino Muave" (a nude violet).




Lychee worn over Korres lip butter in Pomegranate
(can't tell in this photo exactly, but the colors mix nicely and last a decent amount of time... the Korres also leaves a hint of a kind of lip liner look at the edges, for a fuller lip).
 
In short, Lychee Splash brings out the glow in your cheeks and lets the light glisten on your lips in an appealing way that isn't too stripper-eqsue.  It is an innocent, appealing look, and won't stick to your boyfriend's/girlfriend's lips if you decide to lay one on 'em!
 
Wear time is decent, about 1 1/2- 2 hours, depending on the thickeness of the coat you apply.
I like the slanted tip applicator, and you don't need to have perfectly exfoliated lips to wear it--it conceals the winter chapped lips just fine and does a good job of bringing some moisture.
And like I said above, NO STICKIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment