Monday, January 30, 2012

Yu-Be !!!

I discovered this little gem 2 weeks ago at Sephora.
Not quite sure how it is pronounced ("you-bee" or does it rhyme with lube??) but that is irrelevant because it accomplishes all of the things it says it will which, in my book, makes it a star product!
I am exhausted with reading up on something and the list of miracles it can perform only to get it home and have it fall flat and go through the chore of returning it.

This baby is an old Japanese treatment for dry skin (even skin that has reached the nasty cracking point) and it is safe to use everywhere. At first I was just using it for my cuticles because nothing on the planet seems to keep them happy, and it quickly healed a small cut I had near my cuticle. That got me to thinking... I dabbed it on some irritated skin (looked like a bit of eczema), which also sealed right up, and then finally said "to hell with it" and decided to put it on my face.
I have really sensitive skin that loves to turn red, get bumps, boils, or breakouts and all kinds of reactions when I apply something new that it doesn't like. I thought this would sit on top all oily-like and never absorb, but I gave it a chance because the weather here has been so bizarre that it has sapped all moisture from my skin and I was desparate.
Rubbing it in I was surprised at how quickly it dissipated and didn't leave any waxy residue. The next morning I woke up and my skin felt and looked so wonderful I didn't even want to wash it !

I would best describe the texture of this as a yellow balm. It isn't as greasy as a salve and is thicker than Vasoline. It has a different smell but it doesn't last and considering what it does I don't care what it smells like! I only wish that it came in a larger size...

No comments:

Post a Comment