Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Goals of this Week !

Do my nails.

Take the time to stop running around cleaning and making messes and playing Gin Rummy and drinking gin and just sit down and give myself a full manicure (while watching unimproving television, of course) and do something unique with my nails. Something outside of my norm. I typically just do pretty pinks or nudes-- you know, the typical ladylike job interview nail--and I need to spice it up!! I saw something groovy online that I'd like to try but of course I can't find the picture now (it is like a splotchy leopard print with 4 different colors. Sounds weird, but it looks so cool--like a psychedelic flower with multiple layers. I just did a terrible job of explaining that.).
So I think I'm going to try....glitter!
I usually stay away from the stuff (herpes of the world!!) in my makeup and clothes and general daily life (as you saw in my post on the worst lip glosses) and I don't usually do glitter on my nails. The last time I did was months ago and I just did a pink nail with purple glitter on the tip--80s French tip style. And it was because I was going to Las Vegas, where Glitter lives.
I can't even remember when I last did an entire glitter nail, but I was sitting here and it hit me so hard I almost chocked on my green tea:
I NEED SOMETHING SPARKLY!!!!


Like what Piglet and Pooh are rocking here. Hell yeah!
This weather has been so drab and I'm sitting at this boring temp job all day and I keep catching glimpses of my nails and thinking they need a super boost. Before work this morning I actually got dinner (orange chicken!) into the crock pot, so I've decided I earned a gold star so when I get home I'm going to glitter the shit out of my nails!
This is the color I'm thinking...
It is a dupe for OPI's Teenage Dream (yes I love the song and OPI but I'm not shelling out 10 bones for another OPI polish till I use the ones I've got) and I have heard marvelous things about it--both on top of other colors and by itself. Bring on the glam!
Skin goal:
Stop picking at my face!! There will always be something wrong with it. I need to stop doing what I think of as "conducting investigations" (in effect poking, peeling, and jabbing at my skin to determine whether it is an irritation, a pimple, a boil, etc.) and just put some treatment on the spot and let it go. Giving it the Evil Eye in the mirror evidently does not work.
 And I must remember to use my amazing new mask at least a few times...although that should not be too hard considering how awesome and soothing it is.
(Review to come on this and the Sally Hansen polish)
And my last goal ---
Try new looks! My hair is starting to grow out to a length I really love (about 2 inches below my chin when it is flat-ironed) and I've been curling it almost every day since I chopped it all off in November. Today I straightened it and wore my thick black rimmed glasses and it is definitely a different look and I love it. It feels good to make little changes to your appearance because they feel like big changes. They make you feel brave and interesting. And I needed to get out of my hair rut!
So...yummy dinner, dazzling digits, and beautiful skin here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment