Sunday, February 19, 2012

Healing Your Winter Skin

My secret weapon:


I got this at Whole Foods for $25-$30. I've had it for more than 2 years and I'm about halfway down the tub. It has bee pollen and royal jelly in it and is more of a salve than a cream. It is a yellowy shade and you only need a bit on your fingers--it melts down and absorbs quickly. I'll slather some on my face after a bath, before bed, and sometimes use a dab during the day on my cheeks and brow bones for a bit of a glow.

For a cheaper dry skin treatment (I really consider the Egyptian Magic an indulgence) I like Pond's Dry Skin Cream.
It does just what it says it will ! And quickly!! Available at basically any drugstore, and I believe mine was $6 at Rite Aid.

And for those wine lovers out there....
  Merlot skincare is wonderful! The day cream has an especially fabulous texture. You can find these at most Walgreen's.
I use these 3 moisturizers because I find if I use the same one on a consistent basis my skin stops responding the way I would like it to. These 3 all have different beneficial properties, so I swap them out every couple of days.
Happy Moisturizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment