Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Philosophy: Now I Love You Now I Don't

Philosophy is a pretty popular brand. You've heard of it, right?
They make fancy-schmancy skin care stuff and bubble bath/shower gel in an assortment of unique and amazing scents. I've never had a problem with Philosophy (excluding their prices) until now.

I bought this lovely little set
because, yep, I've been having some problem skin. As in crazy breakout frenzy.
I know part of it is the antibiotics I've had to take for my mouth surgery, and part is this lame weather (it is cold and dry and I try to moisturize my skin and it ends up breaking out) and I wonder if my hypothyroidism could be suspect as well....
either way, I talked to the clerk at Sephora for about 5 years debating what to get because I have a shit-ton of skincare products already that aren't cutting it and I fell for the "you have to purchase them as a set so they can work interactively" and blah blah blah.
So I shelled out a looooooottta dough for this baby and the bottles are so cute and the name is fun as well (I am a sucker for the descriptions on the front of Philosophy products)
and it did make a difference in my skin after a few days, but it also dried the crap out of it and then it stopped working. And we all know how frustrating that is.

I've used several other Philosophy products before and I have never been this disappointed! I actually returned the stuff to the store (can you believe it?!) and was so unhappy and disillusioned and my face literally HURTS so I left, without even picking out something new with the $$ I got back.

Bummer Philosophy, bummer. I thought we were friends.

Maybe I need to get all of my medical issues tended to and then go to the Philosophy counter in Nordstrom's where they seem to know a bit more about the products and are oh so talented at assessing skin types and accurate products and such.
Until then, I'm sticking to their lippies.


No comments:

Post a Comment