Friday, March 15, 2013

Low Key St Paddy's Makeup


I know, I know--it isn't until Sunday.
Which is an AWFUL time for a major partying holiday to fall.
So we are celebrating at work today, and the hubby and I are going to our favorite Irish pub tonight.

I did some fun themed makeup for the day, but it is a low-key look you can rock any day of the week, and all you need (besides your basic makeup) is green eyeliner.

This look is just COLORED EYELINER and BABY PINK LIPS.

The shade of green you select should be based on your own eyecolor--if you already have green eyes, you don't need as bright of a color.  If you have dark brown eyes, the brighter the green the better!
I decided to do a dark green and a lighter green to compliment my eyes. Mine are light blue with enough yellow shards to give a green effect in the right light.

I primed my eye, used THEY'RE REAL mascara from Benefit (this stuff is amaaaazing!), and smudged some dark brown eyeshadow along the top of my lashline.
Then I used Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner (in the pot) in the color Ivy Shimmer.
It is an inky green. I applied this to my upper waterline,
and did the lower waterline with a bright green. I used a Sephora pencil for this, and the contrast is really fun and eye-catching.

This look is all about eyes and lips.
Because the eyes are so funky, I like to downplay the lips with an innocent, glistening pink.
I used L'Oreal Color Riche Balm in Pink Satin (multiple coats to build up the sheer, baby pink color!).
A little of MAC's LipGlass in Osyter Girl on top plays it up as well, though it is not necessay.




 
Happy (almost) St. Patrick's Day !

No comments:

Post a Comment