Thursday, March 28, 2013

Flashdance: Hot Pink Summer Lips

FLASHDANCE!  I love that song. It's my jam.
The beat drops and you catch yourself screaming along -- What a feeeeelin!!!
This tends to happen when I am crusing around in the summer with the windows down.

And I have discovered a lippy that captures summer color and the excitement of that song.  It is Estee Lauder Pure Color High Gloss in... FLASHDANCE of course!
(Leg warmers not required).

When I discovered the name of this gorgeous pink, I had to have it.
0.5 fluid ounces will cost you $18.50 at the counter, but I got this gem as a sample (0.27 ounces) and using it several times a week for 7 months now, it is still a nearly full tube.
It is so pigmented and richly glossy you only need a tiny smidge.  This doesn't justify the ridiculous price of lip gloss, but it comes damn close.
It will last you several summers.

 It has the typical Estee Lauder scent/taste, which is light and a big vanilla'ey... sweet, but not chemically. It won't freak out your date if you plant one on them.  It is pretty feminine.
Best of all, it packs such a punch, and is not terribly sticky!

If I forget to pull my hair back while doing the rocking out while driving windows down mentioned above and my hair blows into my lips, it is not a major crisis where you end up screaming because your strands are glued to your mouth and the world is coming to an end.



Why yes, that is a Hello Kitty watch.
It goes rather nicely with this swatch.
 
So this is my #1 recommended hot pink lippy of the summer.
It is low maintenance yet sexy yet innocent. Does that make sense?
No mirror needed to apply.
 
Flattering on all skin tones, but I recommend sampling it before investing,
Unless you've got multiple bank rolls to blow on lip gloss.
 
And just because...

Don't pretend you aren't obsessed.
WHAT A FEEEEEEEELIN!!! PLEASE BELIEVE ITTTT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment