Friday, September 13, 2013

On Overalls

I couldn't help myself... I bought a pair a few weeks ago.
They are overall shorts and something about the softness of the denim, with the worn in shredding, and the clink of the metal links and the pressure of the straps on my shoulders took me right back to the 90s and my childhood.  I loved overalls.  They were really trendy and I was always on the quest for the perfect pair (Old Navy had some good ones!!).
So yeah, I've seen the overall trend coming back (is it, or is it in my mind?), and I just had to have these. So I made them mine!
And I've taken a bit of flack for it (people without a shred of fashion sense calling me "farmer" and teasing me about my little 1990s flashback) but I don't care--I love my overalls and I have a romanticized vision of farm life, so what does it hurt?

This is how I wear my overalls--

The saucy way: (pardon my demonic red eyes)
Overalls: Solissa | Shirt: H&M


The sweet way:



Overalls: Solissa | Shirt: Express

Both require bangs and bravery.
I highly encourage you to pull out a pair and throw them on.
They add something special to the everyday beyond jeans and a t-shirt.  So be plucky! Try the trend.
It will be a trend...right? I heard it would... either way, I'm happy.

*Items purchased and styled by yours truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment