Wednesday, February 6, 2013

smashbox limitless gloss in forever

Cruising around Sephora and although another gloss is the LAST thing I need (especially another pink one), I have never tried anything from smashbox. And this stuff bragged to last "as long as 6 hours" and considering I get busy at work and often times don't have the time or patience to put on a fresh coat of gloss, that appealed to me.
And also challenged the cynic in me. Because how often have we heard those makeup claims about things holding up for hours? And how often are they actually TRUE??? So I figured I'd see if this lip gloss was up for the challenge.

The color and texture are lovely-- a smooth, shimmering candy mauve that glimmers without any sparkles or chunks of crap. And it isn't sticky.
The color is "forever." 
The applicator is an extra long doe's foot that deposits a wonderful amount, so you don't need to double dip. But if you want to double dip... you can apply a lot of this gloss without it getting gloopy.
Which is miraculous in itself. And the more you apply, the longer it lasts!

I catch myself wearing this stuff in different lighting and go "woah my lips look pretty!!!"

And, most shocking and pleasing of all, it holds up.
For hours.
I haven't gone the full 6 without eating or drinking, so I can't verify that claim, but I've worn it for 4 while drinking coffee and it held up. And still looks pretty! It doesn't flake or cause that white buildup, and it doesn't get crap caught in it.
It's gorgeous and simple and effective.
I'm fussy about texture and I love it.  It doesn't smell/taste marvelous, but it doesn't stink either.
Just a good, grown-up lip gloss.
Worth $22. This baby will last. Especially with minimal applications.

Could it be?
Could I have found my Holy Grail lip gloss?!










No comments:

Post a Comment