Friday, March 9, 2012

The Balm

I have never tried products from this line, but admit to lusting after them at Sephora, mainly because of their sweet-yet-naughty vintage packaging and product names.
They remind me of Benefit, and I love Benefit, and I was tempted.
But the price! Ayudame! So I put The Balm out of my mind.

Last week after work I ran over to TJ Maxx to pick up a dress shirt for a work event when there, in front of me, was treasure. An affordable set of The Balm products!! Including Staniac--the one I have really been coveting. It looked like this
but with different products in it.
Mine came with Cheater mascara, Hot Mama, Shady Lady (in light brown and dark brown), a red lippy Balm Shelter, Better Off Red nail polish, and Stainiac.

I have used all of these products and the verdict?
I'm in love.
I have been using nearly all of them on a daily basis--they fit right into my routine and have actually streamlined it! I can do concealer, powder, and then use a sponge to dab Stainiac onto my cheeks (a surprisingly wearable shade, even for pale-as-death me, and it LASTS!), use the Cheater mascara (it really gives lovely definition to the lashes and I haven't had a problem with it flaking off..rare for me), do some eyeshadow and the Overbalm (wonderful shimmer that isn't too noticeable), and the red lippy, which comes off quite sheer. Sometimes I use Stainiac on my lips for extra pucker power just because the doe's foot applicator makes it so damn easy.
And the nail polish is a doozy--only needed one coat and it is vibrant. But...I wore it to Southern Utah and roughened it up a little, chipping it after just 2 days.
I am starved for more Balm products! I am so happy with all of these gems that I want to try every item in their line!
The best part about it is the cutesy and put together but natural look I can get with them in 6 minutes! These babies are lifesavers at work, especially since I typically put makeup on in the morning and don't have time to think about it the rest of the day.

HOT MAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment